Skip to main content
- 2020: University of Arizona Faculty Seed Grant (Track II, Associate Level), Office for Research, Innovation, and Impact for “Instructed second language acquisition of agreement asymmetries in Arabic” (PI: 100%, $14,937)
- 2018-2021: Title VI Department of Education Grant (coordinated through the Center for Educational Resources in Culture, Language, & Literacy and Center for Middle Eastern Studies), for “Tasks for building linguistic complexity in Arabic through interaction” (PI: 100%, $34,011).
- 2018-2021: University of Arizona Center for University Education Scholarship (CUES) Distinguished Fellowship, for “Integration of instruction and assessment to build up foreign language proficiency: A standards-based model” (PI: 100%, $60,000)
- 2017: University of Arizona Social and Behavioral Sciences Research Institute Research Professorship for “Building linguistic complexity in Arabic through interaction in the classroom” (PI: 100%, $7,000 in the form of course buyout)
- 2017: University of Arizona Center for Middle Eastern Studies Faculty Research Grant for “The role of teachers in Arabic language planning in Egypt” (PI: 100%, $1,920)
- 2016: University of Arizona Faculty Confluence Collaboration Grant (Confluencenter for Creative Inquiry) for “The Arabic language planning policies: An interdisciplinary approach” (Co-PI with Mary Carol Combs and Olga Bever (75%, $12,360).
- 2015: University of Arizona Faculty Seed Grant (Track I, Assistant Level), Office for Research and Discovery for “Acquisition and teaching of Arabic verb tense” (PI: 100%, $8,055)